FORMAT AND RULES OF ENTRY
A Winter League is to be run by the members of the club for the members. It is not a club run competition. Official tee times cannot be booked and it cannot be operated on a shotgun start basis. It is not affiliated to the club in any way.
- The format will be Individual Stableford played on Saturday mornings at 09.30 commencing 09 November 2019 and concluding 07 March 2020. That is 18 weeks. The best 10 rounds from the maximum of 18 rounds played shall count, ie the total number of points from your best 10 rounds will comprise your overall total score. The overall Winter League winner will be the player with highest cumulative number of points from those 10 qualifying rounds.
- A player does not have to play every week. If they do it is their best 10 scores from 18. If a player only plays 8 rounds, then just the 8 scores will count. New players can join at any point during the window of the competition as long as they understand and accept the format – in particular understanding that they may not be able to complete 10 qualifying rounds depending on when they joined.
- The League shall commence with each players current club handicap for their first round. A players handicap will then be adjusted (go up or down or stay the same) dependant upon their performance and your personal category, ie play over par up 0.1, play under par and handicaps shall be reduced in accordance with number of stableford points scored better than par. Such adjustments will be made by the Winter League organisers.
- This handicap will be recorded separately for the Winter League only and will not impact on a players’ official club handicap. Thus, when the new season commences in 2020 all players will revert to their official club handicaps regardless of your performances during the Winter League.
- If players wish to take part in a weekly “chuck-in” then this can also be facilitated. It is suggested that a £1 fee is paid prior to each set of matches and it will then be operated in the traditional manner, ie winner takes all, unless more than 10 players take part on the day when 2nd place will also get a cut based on a 70/30 pay out.
- Rules of the day will be in accordance with those stated by the club, ie whatever the course status is at the time.
- Full rules of golf shall apply at all times, eg no putt concessions, if a player loses a ball then play another, if we are on temporary greens then that is what we are on, etc.
- The entry fee is £10 per person and this shall be paid prior to commencement of a players’ first qualifying round. The total amount collected will pay for a trophy (or similar) for the overall winner together with Clarkes Golf vouchers for those finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall at the end of the Winter League event. All entries shall be submitted to any of the organisers noted below. Players are requested to provide their name, contact number and email address together with the £10 entry fee.
If any further information is required then please contact one of the following organisers:-
Andy Davies Ian Thompson Drew Winstanley