As from 7.00am Wednesday 13 May Gathurst golf club will reopen.
THE FORMAT OF PLAY WILL BE 2-BALL WITH BOOKING ON THE BRS SYSTEM REQUIRED AND WILL BE FOR MEMBERS ONLY. This was communicated in the previous email outlining the rules for play.
Tee booking will be available the day before and accessible from 0900hrs and you may book for yourself and one other member.
Please be patient when booking, we anticipate a large number of members trying to book at once. If you can’t use BRS please ring the pro-shop or office to request a booking.
Access to the locker rooms will be limited. It is expected that they will be open from 0700hrs to 1800hrs however it is advisable that members take their golfing equipment home to ensure they are not compromised when they turn up for play.
Anyone not playing but wishing to collect their golf equipment from the club will be allowed to do so.
Limited numbers of people in the locker rooms at any one time will be required to ensure correct social distancing.
Access will be via the rear door which, together with the doors to the locker rooms, will be propped open.
In the case of the Men’s locker room we would like to operate a one way system by entering via the rear door and exiting via the emergency exit at the back of the locker room.
The Ladies locker room only has one door. We ask the ladies to take care when entering and only have 2 people in the room at any one time.
While we do not want to have a system of booking for social golf, it is anticipated that the number of people wanting to play during the first days of opening will be such that demand will be greater than supply. It is therefore necessary for us to adopt BRS bookings for a period of time. This will ensure that we do not overload the car park and entrance to the first tee. Booking will be made available the day before starting at 0900hrs. We recognise that some of our members are not able to use the on-line booking unless it is done in the clubhouse. For these people they will be able to phone either the Professionals shop or the clubhouse to book a tee time.
We would ask that consideration is given to those members that are still working and can only access the course at the weekend.
Remember to remove your name from the booking sheet if you are unable to play at the time you have booked. This will allow someone else to take up that booking slot.
Our Greenstaff have, and still are, working on our course. When you are playing golf again, be mindful of their presence and maintain the appropriate social distancing.
The rules we have set out are in alignment with the recommendations from England golf. Please view these on their web site. https://www.englandgolf.org/
The first two weeks of golf will be for members only. NO visitors or guests will be allowed. The only exception to this rule is that we are contractually obliged to give BRS 2 bookings per day as payment for their systems, please be courteous to these visitors and extend a warm Gathurst welcome.
We will be extending the slots available on BRS to allow members to book tees into the evening. This means that there will be insufficient time to complete a full 18 holes for these later slots, the course will still be available for shorter rounds. The booking system flags up slots that are within 4 hours of sunset to indicate you may not have sufficient time to complete 18 holes.
Competition golf may be able to be started after the initial two week period, but will have to be a revised programme. We will be looking at this once the course has been re-opened.
Social golf rules – in force when the course reopens and until further notice
- Only 2 players per tee time.
- All games MUST start at the first hole.
- 10min intervals for teeing.
- All tee times to be pre-booked using BRS. (This is against our normal rules for social golf but is necessary to ensure social distancing at the first tee).
- Booking will be open one day in advance starting at 0900hrs. For those unable to book from home, either phone the professionals shop or the club office. Your booking will then be taken.
- Only arrive at the course 20 mins before your tee time.
- Change into golf shoes on the car park.
- There will be lines painted on the path to the first at 2m intervals to aid social distancing.
- The practice area, practice nets, practice putting green and chipping area will all remain closed.
- Only one person per ride-on buggy, even if it is a two seater.
- Leave flags in the hole, inserts will be added to the holes so that the ball can be retrieved without having to reach down into the hole.
- Bunkers GUR, all rakes have been removed.
- Do not pick up your partner’s golf ball.
- On course toilets will have soap and towels installed at all times.
- Ball washers and water fountain will be covered and must not be used.
- Divot boxes and benches will be removed from the course.
- A looped extension rope to be added to the bell on the second, use a club to hook this to ring the bell.
- Clubhouse and pros shop access – we await information from the government / England golf / R&A.
- On completion of the round, leave the car park as soon as possible.