All Club Members over the age of fifty-five are eligible to join and membership is currently around sixty. It is an excellent way of meeting and making new friends, especially for new members joining the Club.
We meet on Tuesday mornings between 8.00am and 8.30am, playing various friendly golf competitions, meeting in the Club house afterwards for a presentation to the winners.
During the course of the year we:-
- play matches against 11 other Clubs on a home and away basis in a friendly and informal manner, followed by a meal. All match Members of the Section are eligible for selection on an equal opportunity basis. The only cost is a very small levy to help pay for the meal.
- play four free to enter seasonal competitions – Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter Cups.
- run two knockout competitions, Pairs and Singles, also free to members.
- in conjunction with the above competitions also have a “Merit Table” which runs throughout the year and culminates in an award for the “Champion Golfer” of the year.
- have a subsidised Christmas Dinner in the Club House for the Members and their guests. All the major prize winners receive their trophies and individual mementoes at the Dinner which is classed as one of the highlights of our season.
The annual subscription is £50 for Members who play in matches and £35 for non match playing Members, all of which is spent in the Club for the benefit of Members.
Any eligible member wishing to join the Seniors should contact Mike Fergie, the Seniors Section Secretary: –
For the latest new, information on fixtures, competitions, results, etc., visit the Gathurst Seniors Dashboard